Monday 12 December 2016

My Top 5 Independant Children's Companies



I don't know about any of you, but since having a baby I've become rather soppy.... anything I buy for Zara somehow feels extra special, this usually leads me to go on the hunt for independent shops that stock a selection of pieces you wouldn't necessarily find on the high street, if they are hand made, even better! 

So I thought I'd share with you my favourite selection of independent and local companies I'm obsessing over at the moment. 



Juniper

Now this online store only opened recently, but I'm already a fan. The fabric choices are totally adorable. Boy, girl, unisex, anything you look at is beautiful and all handmade in East Sussex. They provide a number of accessories and leggings that have the durability to survive lively three year olds! My particular favourite are the handmade teething rings, the ideal thing if you aren't a fan of the bright, garish plastic ones you find everywhere. You can find their website here, but also take a look at their Instagram for sneak peaks of upcoming products and snaps of the owner's cute two boys! Having achieved so much already for a fledgling company, watching it grow is something I am so excited to see!




Blaebird 

I have no doubt written about this company before, but it is still a firm favourite. Super comfortable fabrics and beautifully made. The owner Sophia is a one woman show and puts so much detail into producing unique pieces, all whilst looking after her toddler and expecting her second! The images featured on Instagram are also stunning and you manage to get a behind the scenes look at Bluebird HQ which really adds a personal touch to the company. Take a look at the website hereHowever, be prepared to have a tot looking more fashionable than you. 



What A Curly Life 

Now, I've got to be careful here, as once I start talking about this shop, I honestly won't stop. What a Curly Life is a selection of handmade cuddly creatures. I don't know how it's possible to stitch an toy and have it looking so adorable with so much character! I generally think these come to life whilst you sleep. From tiny hand sized friends, garlands, mobiles and even larger companions, these are something to get your child and watch them to become friends forever, it's taking all my will power to not buy one for myself, all I seem to do is like every picture on their Instagram. Take a look and fall in love with these adorable critters here



The Little Natural Co. 

This store is how every children's store should be. Bright, colourful and full of wonderful organic garments and products. The owner's daughter featuring on the shops Instagram as the most perfect little model, showcasing the selection of things available, you feel the need to buy everything, literally everything, even the shop fixtures! If a trip to Lewes is a little too far for you, you can find everything on their online shop here. Don't blame me if you spend all your wages though.... 


Velveteen Babies 

Whilst I was pregnant, 80% of my time was taken up by imaging how I would decorate my daughter's bedroom. You can only imagine how beside myself with excitement I was when I stumbled across Velveteen Babies on Instagram. Chock full of the most astonishing garlands you will ever see. From ice creams to grizzly bears, you will find the perfect one for your decor plans. No baby room is complete without one! Take a look at their selection here.

So there you have my top 5 children's brands that I can't stop thinking about. It is so important to support independent and local companies in my opinion. You always receive great service, beautiful products which are always delivered in the best packaging! Something this sentimentally soppy mummy adores!

Have any of you got any favourite stores for children, I'd love to know! XO 


jessietereza@icloud.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment