Friday 4 March 2016

Can a post shave balm really be the new favourite primer?



So I've seen Nivea Post Shave Balm everywhere at the moment, not for actually helping men calm their post trimmed faces... but by their leading ladies using it as a primer! 

I was so intrigued from the first review I read, that I finally took the plunge the other day and got my own bottle! To start off with, the price, for a mere £5 you get a lot of product for your money. If this little beauty works as well as everyone is claiming it to be, I've personally saved a fortune! 

The consistency is a light, liquid formula. Once applied the skin feels plumped and moisturised, but also feels a bit tacky. To me it has a similar feeling as the Laura Mercier Primer which is a great primer itself. 

My foundation went on smoothly and blended like a dream. It left my foundation looking like skin and not a cakey mask, a bonus in my eyes. I noticed a slight glow too, so if you are a fan of looking more matte then get some powder ready! The only con I would say is that it doesn't minimise the pores as well as others do, like Benefit's Porefessional

I gave it a good old try throughout the week and at the end of each day my foundation hadn't budged, it honestly looked freshly applied. Oh and believe me when I say that I put it through it's paces... I'm talking trips through the stuffy London Underground (with baby paraphernalia) and general "being mum" business, so in other words being dribbled and vomited on, as well as being drenched at bath times. It even survived a date night with the chap and my flushed, haven't had alcohol for months rosy, wine cheeks. Looking at my reflection as I got myself ready for bed didn't show any signs of this mayhem and I still looked flawless. 

So I can now see why people have been raving about this, I suggest you give it a go yourself and see just how amazing this product is. If you're feeling generous, you can also share it with the other half, I'd totally understand if you don't want to though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment