Wednesday 15 October 2014

Where did the Summer go?

So, ok.... This isn't funny...Whoever has pinched the Summer, I'd like it back please. I'm not quite finished with it! Not once did I enjoy a warm evening in a pub beer garden with a cider, nor did I go fruit picking, plus...Now this bit is going to shock you. I only had one BBQ. Yep, only one!

Now I'm surrounded by a huge pile of Halloween/Bonfire/Christmas decorations and cards. If I hear just the faintest whisper of Jingle Bells I will scream. Don't get me wrong, I am very much looking forward to Winter but I never had my Summer romance with, well, Summer. So as I am dragged, kicking and screaming into the festive season I thought I'd share with you a little treat that is beautiful for the senses and spirit (get it) during this Autumnly season. 

Jo Malone Dark Amber and Ginger Lily Cologne


Now, during my Malone history I've some what avoided the black bottles of cologne. I got it into my head they are going to be far too strong and give me a headache. Catching a whiff of this fragrance though was totally unexpected. It is a gorgeous scent! I have to stop myself from drowning myself in it, the usual problem I have with Jo Malone. 

The fragrance uses the rare Kyara wood which features in the Kohdo ceremony… I know, I hadn’t a glue either, but thanks to Google I can reveal it is prized ceremony in Japan that involves listening to incense with your entire being and designed to deepen spiritual awareness. Now doesn’t that sound lovely? It's as though this fragrance will help with your soul, but don't get carried away... There's no need to shave the sides of your head and put the rest in a top knot and grab a pair of bongo drums.... Just appreciate the various lovely layers you'll experience throughout the day whilst you wear this cologne.

The scent is one of these clever colognes that sit well on both male and female skin. You can really smell the amber in it which gives this fragrance a sort of intelligence and the ginger gives just the right amount of muskiness to trigger off the 'mmmmm' factor as you take a sniff of your wrist.

Like all Jo Malone perfumes you are carried off to your own little wonderland. With this fragrance I step through the looking glass into the world were I dress in all my finery and need a maid to help take my hat off… Yep, it is literally Pride and Prejudice in a black bottle, and this fragrance is exactly what Mark Darcy would smell like too as he comes striding across the dew laden moors towards you. 

I can hear all your hearts flattering....

I do question myself to speak of a perfume in such a way, however, if you were to fall in love with a fragrance, this one will certainly steal your heart. 

Grab yours here


Don't forget to give me a follow 
twitter: here
tumblr: here
instagram: @roguelipstick



Hope you enjoyed the post cake lovers xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment