Grooming Tips for Men
So today's post is going to be a little different, This is going to be a dedicated blog post to all you gentlemen out there with your beloved beards. Let's face it, they won't be going anywhere for a long time I get the feeling, so Rogue is going to give you a couple tips on achieving the best beard for your face shape and how to keep it looking it's best.
For more of a oval shaped face create a more flattering style of beard by trimming the hair closer on the underneath of your chin. Leave the length on your cheeks, this will even out the face leaving you with a smart, neat looking beard.
For rounder faces create length by leaving more amount of hair on the chin and less on the cheeks. This creates a longer looking face and much more flattering beard that will compliment your feat.
Now you have figured out your face shape, we can move on to giving you the best results in tailoring your facial hair. Doesn't matter how full your beard may be it can always look neat and well looked after....believe me, no girls are a fan of the Tom Hanks in Cast Away look.
- Taper the hair on your neck with a trimmer which has a No. 1 guard, always starting above the Adam's Apple.
- Trim the tops of your cheeks by creating a parallel line to your jaw line.
- Comb your mustache down and trim the hairs that hang over your top lip.
Things to remember:
- The most sensitive part of your face is your neck, shave that part last.
- If stubble grows high onto your cheeks, keep it trimmed just below your cheekbones parallel to your jaw.
- Always shave with the hair, or across the grain to stop any cuts/nicks.
- Exfoliate your face before shaving to remove any dead skin cells that cause cuts.
- If you are prone to ingrowing hairs use a disposable razor maximum of 5 times before changing it to another.
- Always keep your razors or blades sharp for best results.
- Shampoo and Condition your beard everyday.
- Use a beard oil daily to soften the hair.
- Comb your beard whilst in the shower to help straighten the hairs or trimming and styling.
- Taper or fade your neckline for a more natural looking finish and less maintenance in the future.
Here are a number of brands that stock the best products for grooming and maintaining your beards, click on the name to visit their websites:
Of course lets not forget the month famously known as Movember is almost upon us, so if you are new to all this facial hair growing, now would be a great time to start! Visit the Official Movember website for more information on raising awareness on men's health and charities actively helping with Cancer Research. Visit the site here
We have a lot of Rogue Men reviews coming up from beard oils to barbers so keep your eyes on our page for special posts dedicated to you gents. We hope you enjoyed today's post, now we leave you with some Beard Inspiration! xo
Images found on Tumblr.
Give us a follow