Friday 28 March 2014

Spring time smoky eye


I heart you smoky eye



Smoky eye and myself have had a very committed relationship. I never stray from it and especially with having a short hair style I have grown to lean on it for support, perhaps to confirm I'm still a girl... It is hard to decide what I am first thing in the morning I'm not going to lie to you!

However, as the days get warmer and stay light for longer it seems a bit much to have a dramatic, very dark smoky eye. So with that in mind I came up with a Spring time smoky eye look using my Naked 3 palette. The pinks and rose gold undertones to this palette are so beautiful and my favourite bit of a naked palette, whether its 1, 2 or 3, is that they are fool proof. It doesn't matter which colours you work with you always come up with some stunning looks! 

Here is the finished look, enjoy cake lovers xo 

Apologises for the fur ball photobombing! 




Now for the technical stuff: 

1.To get this look I used a MAC 217 blending brush, sweeping the colour Nooner from the Naked 3 palette all over the lid up to the crease. 

2.Then the colour Factory on a Real Techniques shading brush into the crease and outer corner to give the eye depth. 

3. Spraying a small blending brush with MAC's Fix+ I took the colour Trick across my under eye. I used the Fix+ to really make the pigment of the colour pop, a cheaper alternative to this is eyedrops, they work just as good! Don't be afraid to take the colour low on the under eye, you'll be surprised with the results. Be careful not to get carried away as you'll start to look like Halloween has come early!

4. Onto the tear duct I used the colour Dust and brushed up to meet my crease.

5. Finishing off the look I used a brown kohl on my lower and upper water line, then a small cat flick in brown liquid liner. Using brown is a great way to add a little drama that isn't as strong as a black liner/kohl. 

There you have it, sorry the quality of the pictures aren't the best in the world, but hopefully my description has helped. Of course it's not written in stone that you must use the Naked 3 palette either, I just wanted to use it as I hadn't cracked it out yet! This look can be made totally yours with any colours you desire! 

Let me know if any of you have given this look a go! 





GIVE ME A FOLLOW:
twitter and instagram: @roguelipstick 
tumblr: putyourroguelipstickon.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment