Thursday 6 March 2014

Fresh faced ready for Spring


Time to get fresh faced for Spring


Can you believe it? I'm scared to even breath it, but can it be that this dreadful rain and miserable weather has blown past and left us somewhat stunned, blinking up to the sunshine in awe... It has been a long time since he showed his face. Seeing as the sun is shining and I keep catching smells in the air that tell me spring is on its way, I figured why not show you how I change my makeup around for this time of year. 

Winter is a bully to my skin and I usually stick to a matte finish and a darker blush, but I think you can get away with that look as natural light is usually muted by dark and overcast days. However, once that sunshine breaks through the clouds, albeit lovely, it's very unforgiving! For me, matte foundations, a dark blush and contouring makes me look so old and miserable in this light. Time for a Spring Clean I reckon!

I tend to use lighter products in the spring, I even don't mind my blemishes not being as well covered as usual. Looking young, cheerful and fresh faced is the aim! Here are my go to spring time products I use to get a fresh look. 



Even my flowers are about to bloom!
















Rimmel Match Perfection gives my skin a dewy finish all because of the light reflecting radiance this foundation gives you. Helps you look a little more awake too! Another good Rimmel foundation for fresh faced looks is Wake Me Up!

















Always give your finished look a light spray, not only does it keep your makeup in place but gives a fresh finish to the skin.
















Sleek contouring is amazing! I searched for this for months and months and it was worth it! This contour and highlight are a better team than Batman and Robin!












I like to highlight under my eyes with the Rimmel Wake Me Up! concealer to make me look more awake. Same reason I use Rimmel kohl pencil in this nude colour on my water line. I usually like to wear a cat eye flick but find black a little too dark for a sunny day so use this Collection liquid liner in chocolate brown instead. The brown makes you look more fawn like and young. 

Don't get me wrong, as soon as that sun goes down I'm all about a sexy jet black cat flick! 



To finish the look off I usually use the Urban Decay Naked pallete for its warm browns (especially Buck) and lightly colour wash around my eyes. Then in the tear duct I'll use the Sleek highlighter to really open my eyes. Not forgetting curling my lashes and loads of coats of mascara! There you have it! My Spring fresh faced look! Hope you enjoyed this cake lovers xo 









Give me a follow:
twitter & instagram: @roguelipstick 
tumblr: putyourroguelipstickon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment