Friday 8 July 2016

Is shaving my face, the best thing I've ever done?



Marilyn Monroe did it, Elizabeth Taylor did it, and the beauty god Huda Beauty even posted a video about it on her YouTube. Yep, face shaving has become the next big thing! 

Now, I am not suggesting you grab your razor and pinch the boyfriend's shaving foam... Instead, go online and get yourself a pack of eyebrow razors (I got mine here) For as little as 60p, you can change your skin forever. 

I'll admit it all sounds very dramatic, and a little odd. Face shaving hasn't really been on the top of my beauty regime. Let me explain what it is I actually mean...

Our faces are covered in tiny, fine hairs, sort of like the fuzz you find on a peach. Now, it absolutely fine to have these hairs of course, but if you are like me and find this fuzz gets in the way of your makeup looking 100% flawless then maybe this is the thing for you too. I have been on the quest to reduce this hair for a while now. I've tried waxing and threading, both of which made it feel as though I'd just been slapped round the chops! These treatments would also leave me with a awful bumpy, red rash, which usually hung around for a day or two. 
For someone of a Mediterranean background usually means one thing, hair, dark hair, and lots of it. I have tried to rid myself of my "wolverine" (as I've nicknamed them) sideburns but never got the results I had in mind. 

It wasn't until I saw the likes of CarliBel and Huda Beauty that I even considered shaving it all myself. When I first did my own little hair removal DIY, I was nervous, but loved with the results! I had managed to reshape my hairline, vanish those sideburns and was totally fuzz free! Amazing. 

This is how you do it. When you use the razor, be sure to use a light hand and hold it at an angle so it glides downwards over the skin, rather than dig in. It is very comfortable to use, you'll only feel a slight tingle of the hairs being shaved, compared to threading pain, it's bliss! 

When it comes to your hairline, lift your hair up and away revealing the baby hairs that grow underneath, with the skin pulled taut trim away any unwanted hair. Be careful not to go too crazy or it will result in your hair looking a bit like a wig. If you decide to do your eyebrows, I recommend only using the razor to neaten the tops of your brows and tweezing the bottoms. Now, as for the peach fuzz, you will be stunned to see how much of it comes away. For my Cypriot, hairy self it literally snowed peach fuzz! I was left feeling super smooth with a fresh, Kardashian-esque  hairline. 

Shaving away the peach fuzz is also a great exfoliate for the skin as the razor removes the build up of dead skin cells we have on our face. Don't panic if you find yourself breaking out slightly the following days after you've given this a go. I've found that after my initial breakout I've been clear ever since. My skin has never looked so healthy, with my skincare routine remaining the same, I am convinced it's because of shaving. 

I have been using the eyebrow razors for a few months now and am still so impressed with the results. My skin is still clear, my makeup applies perfectly and it hasn't grown back even more thick, which I'll admit, was my main concern. These fashionable pastel coloured, bargain beauties have given me the results I have been searching for, for many years. Now I can be fuzz free without the painful, expensive treatments. 



Just a little disclaimer, if you aren't feeling confident you can do any of this, then don't! Seek advice from a professional and watch a few Youtube videos until you are 100% certain you can achieve the results you want. I also would not advice using a normal razor, eyebrow razors are designed to use on the contours of your face in a safe and comfortable way. The unique blade also helps with exfoliation, were as a regular razor will result in your hair growing back a lot quicker, and thicker! Just remember, research is key! 

Have any of you tried face shaving? Let me know what you think xo 



Business enquires jessietereza@icloud.com

Huda Beauty Youtube Video
CarliBel Youtube Video 

No comments:

Post a Comment