Friday 7 August 2015

Has everyone gone Coco-Nuts?



Now, don't get me wrong... I have been on the coconut oil band wagon since the get go! I was crazy about it and all it's beneficial properties, the fact that you can, literally, use it on everything and anything is a huge bonus in my eyes. I can be known to be a little lazy with beauty products you see... 

Raw Coconut Oil can be applied head to toe with all its tropical goodness nourishing the entire body on the way, inside and out. I can't help but wonder however, if there is a possible chance, you can potentially over do it?  Well, for me, I reckon I was getting too much of a good thing. For example, using this oil on my hair didn't really do it any favours, instead Argan oil works a lot better for me. Cooking with it is a bit of a no for my household too, we are just too fond of olive oil. 

There are some benefits that I absolutely love and have really noticed a difference with, here are my personal favourites.

1. Body Moisturiser. I've noticed, especially after applying fake tan that this really does add moisture and loveliness back into the skin, even after it feeling a little dry from the tan! Love the glow it gives to the skin too for those sun kissed holiday snaps too. 

2. Cuticle Cream. My poor nails are always the first to be attacked when I'm feeing nervous.... not a good look when you think yourself a beauty fan! Nail biting then ends up with hang nails which is never a good look. Coconut oil has really helped nourish my worn out cuticles and making my nails strong and healthy again.  

3. Teeth Whitening. Grab a scoop from a teaspoon and use it like a mouth wash, try not to swallow it! I found that after using the oil for roughly 3 week left me with a set of pearly whites, healthy feeling gums and fresh breath! 

4. Lip Balm. Pop some on before bed and you'll be left with a smooth pout for the morning!

5. This is one for you chaps out there, this stuff makes your beards super soft and smelling gorgeous too! 

So there you have it, if you've gone coco-NUTS for this marvellous oil, then by all means continue using it as you wish. If however you have found it all a little too much, similar to me, then its a case of trail and error and find out what works best for you. 

You can get a tub all of your own from any large super market or health shop.


Give me a follow 

business enquiries jessietereza@icloud.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment