Thursday 16 February 2017

How I Tackle Breakouts




I have suffered with breakouts for almost my entire life. Of course they have mellowed slightly as I've grown older, age aside, my skin still freaks every now and then. It's pretty easy to figure out the cause nowadays. Stress, too much partying and that time of the month brings them all out at once! 

So with this in mind, I thought I'd let you know the little tricks I do to kick those unwanted blemishes out the door! 

Make-up Free 
I made this mistake when I was younger. My face would become sprinkled with various pimples and I'd slap on a ridiculous amount of make-up in a sad attempt to hide them all. My poor skin would be screaming for air and usually resulted in blemishes lingering round for much longer and usually getting worse. So nowadays, my skin flares up, and I stay away from the make-up. I will cleanse and moisturise as usual but leave my skin the chance to just stay calm and left alone. Result, spots usually disappear a lot quicker. 

Don't Over Scrub 
Having blemishes regularly means for me to feel, well, grubby. The temptation to grab my strongest, roughest face scrub and grind it into my skin until I am pink in the face can become a little over whelming. I stop myself for this one reason. Harsh scrub will break spots, and broken spots will lead to bacteria spreading itself all over your face, resulting in yet more spots! Nasty cycle that can then become tough to break. So just give that scrub a rest for a couple of days, until the worse part is over, instead try a liquid exfoliate, Clinique and Pixi Glow provide the best, in my opinion. Oh, and this goes for squeezing spots too. I understand the satisfaction of ridding yourself of those pesky blemishes can feel fabulous. But squeezing again leads to the spread of bacteria AND scaring. 

Anti Blemish Lotion
La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo has become my absolute trouble skin saviour! This cream definitely packs a punch and rids my skin almost over night of any little buggers. It's so light and fresh on the skin that you can really feel it helping to sort out any skin problems. In just a mere two weeks, post "time of the month" blemishes are well and truly vanished. My skin surface appears smoother, I'm shine free and pores are unclogged. It makes me feel so skin confident I can leave the house without an inch of make-up on! Now that for me, is a triumph in itself. 

Topical Treatment
I'm not going to lie, the day I spotted Rosie Huntington-Whitley rave about the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, I felt like a total super model for even owning it myself. I got a bottle of this little magic potion in Liberty last year and it still amazes me, one year on. The product looks different to any other spot treatment out there, and you'll find it tempting give the bottle a quick shake. But the trick is to grab a cotton bud, submerge it into the pink formula that sits on the bottom. Then taking your soaked cotton bud, dab it onto any nasty blemishes. I like to do mine at night so by the morning my spots would appear calmed and reduced in size. Honestly, this stuff is amazing. It's no wonder all the big time celebs love it so much! 

Over Night Mask 
Kiehl's Cilantro & Orange Pollutant Defending Masque is a clever little product that helps to protect the skin from daily aggressors, leaving it replenished, radiant and just generally happy. I like to save using this until I notice blemishes starting to make an appearance. With the protection from the mask, I find my spots disappear a lot quicker with the helping, defending hand of this treatment.You can use the mask three times a week in the evening, apply a layer all over, tissue off any excess and wake up to some gorgeous skin! 
There's me thinking cilantro only benefited my cooking... 

So there you have it, how I tackle my breakouts! How do you tackle yours? XO 


Twitter 
Facebook
Instagram 

jessietereza@icloud.com

1 comment:

  1. Can be used as a companion product to Mario Badescu's Healing & Soothing Mask. Apply a thin layer of mask on clean skin, focusing only on areas of concern and avoiding the eye area. Wait 15-20 minutes and rinse thoroughly with warm water. Use 2-3 times a week as needed.

    ReplyDelete