Friday 25 September 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit





I finally took the plunge and got myself the Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kit, when it arrived in the post, I kid you not, it felt as though I had the Holy Grail in my hands. 

Incase you have been living under the stairs for the past few years, the brand Anastasia Beverly Hills has become known as the best for brow products, you couldn't call yourself a makeup fan without their brow whiz in your makeup bag. The brand has expanded over time and with that more products have become available, from lip gloss to highlighters. (Yes, 'So Hollywood' Highlight is next on my want list) 

The contour kit became such a cult item it was sold out for weeks. In the end I gave up checking and instead moped for a while, sulking as I watched Instagram makeup icons such as Amrezy and Desi Perkins use it in their tutorials. 

Once I had it finally in my hands, I opened it in a similar fashion as Charlie did when he found the last golden ticket! The colours are perfectly suited for light/medium skin tones, I especially like how the contour colours have a grey undertone which allows the colour to look more like a natural shadow on the skin. I use the NARS Ita kabuki brush for a sharp and precise finish for the contour and a damp beauty blender with the highlight colours. The yellow shade Banana is particularly my favourite, using it to set my under eye concealer  which leaves a flawless finish that doesn't look too 'made up' for a daytime look. These powders have a creamy feel to them which allows them to look so natural and not cakey with a velvet finish. 

This contour kit is one of many I have tried and I can honestly say it will stay within reach. However I don't think I will use it on a daily basis, but save it for when I have some good amount time to get ready for a night out, or special occasion when I know there will be countless photos taken as these powders photograph beautifully. This product asks to be used at its best, just how you will see it's followers use it. Defiantly not worth wasting on a trip to Tesco for the weekly food shop. 



Find the Contour Kit here

Give me a follow

Business Enquiries email jessietereza@icloud.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment