Saturday 16 August 2014

Kiss from a Rose...

In Magazine World, The September issue is a big, big deal. Totally understandable why Harper's Bazaar chose none other, than model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley to grace their front cover. 

The image is so striking I find my eye being drawn to it in every shop I go in to. So I thought I'd give the look Miss H-W is sporting a go. With her bold brows, flawless skin, lipstick and eye makeup that all has an undertone of a rose colour (oh the irony) I decided to get out the Urban Decay Naked 3 which has all the shadows I needed! Enjoy my cake lovers xo 



Rosie H-W Harper's Bazaar September issue 2014


Like I said before, Rosie has bold brows and her famous pillow lips have a rose petal colour. There isn't any extreme contouring and highlighting, just a slight sculpting round the cheeks and temples, then a dewy highlight on the apples of the cheeks and down the nose. The eyes have a soft, romantic smokiness to them with rosy pinks and greys.

What a mess, but wanted to show you a glimpse of my new little piece of Heaven, my new dresser. Never believed in love at first sight until I found this! Thank you again to my friend Holly for it...anyway...back to business... 

Here are some of the products I used:

YSL LE TEINT ENCRE DE PEAU FOUNDATION
BENEFIT PORE FESSIONAL 
TOO FACED BETTER THAN SEX MASCARA
CHARLOTTE TILBURY SCULPT AND HIGHLIGHT 
MAX FACTOR LIPSTICK
LAURA MERCIER HIGH COVERAGE CONCEALER 

I also used:

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS BEAUTY EXPRESS BROW PALETTE 
ILLAMASQUA CAKE LINER IN MISLEAD 
MAC FIX+




Once your skin is all prepped and ready to go, apply your primer then foundation. I used a sponge to get a seamless finish. When that is all done, go over any bits that need extra coverage with your concealer. Leave the under eye concealing until you have finished the eye makeup...save yourself the trouble of cleaning it all up if you make a mess!

Then take a fluffy brush and use a taupe coloured powder, as natural you can get without any orange undertones and apply it just under the apples of your cheeks, as if you are hugging them with the colour. After that, get yourself a clean fluffy brush and apply highlighter on the balls of your cheeks and down your nose. 

Next, finish off your eyebrows, for a look that is exactly like Rosie's cover image, draw your brows as straight as you can get them.

For the eyes, prime your lids with some concealer, this will make the shadows last longer. I started with the Nooner, which is a dusty pink colour all over the lid and up into the crease. Next, take a mixture of Limit, which is a light pink with purple undertones and Dust, which is a shimmery pink and apply it to the inner part of the lid. 

To get that romantic smoky look I drew a fine  push line with cake liner from Illamasqua in the colour Mislead, basically just hug the lashes with a teeny tiny flick on the outer part of the eye. Next I smudged out the liner with the Darkside, which is a slate grey and BlackHeart which is a deep shimmery plum. Take these colours onto the lower lash line, line your tight and water line with a black kohl and that is the smoky part finished! To complete the eyes, load on the mascara and apply Strange which is a light cream colour onto the tear duct.

Choose a lipstick that hasn't got a huge amount of gloss to it in a petal pink colour for a look that is the similar to Miss Huntington-Whiteley, for an added bonus, if you are after some plump, kissable lips, give your lips a quick brush with a tooth brush....yes I know, sounds stupid, but it works! The stimulation from the brush brings blood to the surface of your lips for a proper pout without the injections! 

There you have it, a Rosie inspired look! Let me know what you guys think and if you give it a go! 








No comments:

Post a Comment