Friday 2 May 2014

Brazilian Vogue feat Rihanna

For those of you who haven't seen Rihanna on the cover of Brazilian Vogue, you lot are missing out on something brilliant. Whether you like her music or not, with the singer gracing the cover of the iconic magazine looking truly stunning, you can not deny that Rihanna is not a beauty. With eyes looking start through the lens teamed with gorgeous muted orange lips and wet locks, you can literally smell the heat of Brazil!

Once I managed to stop drooling over the images of the star I put together an inspired look matching the makeup featured in the shoot. It was the perfect opportunity to try out the new Smashbox Full Exposure palette I got myself the other day! 

Hope you enjoy the look cake lovers xo

Rihanna looking amazing 

My attempt, the lips were not as red off camera. 






To start off I applied the light beige colour all over the lid, then with a soft blending brush I worked the grey/brown shadow into the crease and up towards the brow bone, focusing on the outer corner of the eye











Next with the light dusty pink shimmer I focused on the inner corners, tear duct and half way under the lash line. Then for an added pop applied the darker and more glittery shadow to really catch the light and make the look more striking!






Finally, to add depth to the eye I used this chocolate brown on a small pencil brush right into the crease of the eye. This gave the eye a more sultry look that Rihanna is sporting.  Then I lined the water and tight line with a jet black kohl pencil and loaded on the mascara on the top lashes.





Finish the look:

1. Once the eyes were done I used a Smashbox primer and Revlon Photoready Foundation, then concealed with Sleek 
2. With the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow I contoured and highlighted. From looking at the images I didn't notice any blush, just a soft, candlelight highlight was the focus point of the base.  
3. I then used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz to fill my brows and highlighted with Benefit's High Brow.
4. For the lips I lined them with a Body Shop brown lip pencil the on the outer corners used a lip brush to apply Maybelline Coloursensational Lipstick in Velvet Beige then used Max Factor Flipstick Colour Effect in a light red with an orange undertone in the centre of the lips. Once all blended together produced a similar lip colour to the one on the singer. 

There you have it! Now here are a few more pictures from the shoot of the wonder that is Riri!









Give me a follow:
twitter & instagram @roguelipstick 
tumblr www.putyourroguelipstickon.com
email jtcmakeup2013@outlook.com





No comments:

Post a Comment