Tuesday 7 August 2018

Why We Need To Stop Living In Little Square Boxes



It has only been recently I've started out on this blogging journey again. I felt as though I needed a break just to enjoy life and perhaps get over the terrible writers block I had.  

With this break from the blog I've had a chance to relax and enjoy some time with my family. Which has been most enjoyable and has given me a good number of topics I wanted to talk to you all about. 

I guess the biggest difference I noticed about my blogging break was how less stressed I felt constantly. I have such a huge amount of respect for all the influencers, who have the courage to put everything out there for the world to see (and most of the time be criticised) it's astounding to me. I found myself getting worked up about loosing followers on my social media, or a certain picture not getting the same about as 'likes' as the previous one. I'd worry was wasn't dressed well or my hair was too messy, or my legs or arms looked too chunky. All of this anxiety over what? Having people double tap a little square box displaying the snapshots of my life? It's honestly laughable to me now, but at the time it seemed so important to me. 

The world of social media is a strange old thing... You can scroll through millions of model types enjoying sandy beaches, designer accessories or expensive super cars and feel so envious.  But do you ever know the truth behind these pictures? perhaps that super car was parked in a show room? or those designer heels are crippling with each step? heck, what if that bikini glad shot came before a serious case of deli belly?! No one ever knows what happens behind closed doors, so there's no point in beating yourself up about not having the same as these people you follow. 

The point I'm trying to make is to not compare yourself to anyone. Look at these images and take inspiration from them, but don't compare yourself to them. You can achieve anything if you set your mind to it, always find the positivity in what you see. In doing this you have a much healthier mind set and can therefore enjoy social media a lot more. 

One thing I've noticed since having a switch up with my attitude is the fact I'm commenting a lot more on images I like. You never know, your positive, happy comment may pop after some nasty troll verbally attacking that person. We are all dealing with personal difficulties, and it doesn't cost a thing to throw around some love and appreciation. 

So you lovely lot, get yourselves out there and live your lives anyway that makes you happy and remember, it doesn't need to fit in a little square to make it worth while! 


xoxo 

Instagram 
Facebook 

jessietereza@icloud.com


No comments:

Post a Comment